- This event has passed.
Virtual Reverse Career Fair
November 19, 2020 All day
A Virtual Reverse Career Fair flips the table – Students have an opportunity to showcase their achievements and talents to potential employers virtually via a pre-recorded 5 minute video. Your submission packet will include your resume so interested employers are able to contact you for an interview or further questions.
This is your opportunity to review some remarkable prospective job and/or internship applicants being produced by the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo. The Chamber Young Professionals Program has partnered with UH Hilo to present this Virtual Reverse Career Fair.
Employers, click here to register to receive access to a Google Drive folder which will include 5-minute videos of the students creatively marketing themselves and their skills. You will also be able to download their resumes.
All interested students from all colleges are welcomed to participate in this event. The student’s submissions will be organized for viewing by colleges and career interests.
The students have a 11:59 pm, Sunday, Nov. 15, 2020 video and resume submission deadline. The videos and resumes will go “live” and accessible to employers like you starting Thursday, Nov. 19 at 12:00 noon.
- Bayada Home Care & Habilitation
- De Luz Chevrolet
- County of Hawaii Clerks Office
- FoodCorps Hawai`i
- Forest Solutions, Inc.
- Hawaii DOH Safe Drinking Water Branch
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
HFS Federal Credit Union
Hilo Medical Center Foundation
HOPE Services Hawaii Inc.
HPM Building Supply
Roberts Hawaii (Kona Office)
Roberts Hawaii (Hilo-Keaau)
Taketa, Iwata, Hara & Associates, LLC
Teach for America – Hawai`i
- Techtronic Industries (TTI)
- The Employment Experts
- W.H. Shipman, Ltd.
- Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water
Graduates who register for the Virtual Reverse Career Fair and submit their videos, resumes and registration fees are eligible to apply for a Chamber Individual Membership at a one-time only discounted annual rate of $100, a savings of $50 off the regular rate.
Resources provided by ALTRES:
- How to Answer the Question: What Other Companies Are You Interviewing With?
- How to Answer the Question: Why Did You Leave Your last Job?
- How to Answer the Question: Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?
- How to Answer the Question: Why Should We Hire You?
- How to Answer the Question: What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- How to Answer the Question: So Tell Me About Yourself
- Don’t Get Stumped by Behavioral Interview Questions
- Questions You Should Never Ask At the End of An Interview
- Don’t Say This In an Interview
- Top 9 Resume Deal Breakers and How to Avoid Them
- How to Get Recruiting Software to Love Your Resume
Resources provided by ProService Hawaii:
Submission requirements and deadlines
Upload your video, resume, and UH Hilo release form into this Google Drive folder. Files should be labeled with your first name last name and file type (video, resume, UH Hilo release form). Ex: Taylor Escalona video.
Deadline: 11:59pm HST, Sunday, November 15, 2020. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Video (Videos over 5 minutes will not be accepted)
- Resume (Resume should be uploaded as a PDF file)
- Payment – Click link below to pay online
- UH Hilo release form